Monday, April 23, 2012

Big Winter Stitching List - Wrap Up!

Well it's time to check-in and see how my gigantic, overly ambitious list ended up!  Back in October I made my Big Winter Stitching List as part of the Winter Stitching link-up over at Fairy Face Designs.  Then I made some adjustments at the Mid-Winter Check-In and added a few projects and removed a few too.
Here's the final tally:

  • Finish the Jellybean (Thimble Blossoms Pattern) for my mother-in-law - DONE!  It was a Christmas gift, she cried, loved it and it lives happily on her couch now. 
  • Finish the Subversive Cross Stitch - DONE!  Was a Christmas gift to the hub's aunt and she loved it!  It's hanging in her craft room.
  • Finish the Christmas wall hanging - DONE!  Blogged here.  Finished it with plenty of time to spare.  Hanging it for Christmas was a problem itself so it got nicely draped over a built-in in the Family Room.
  • Make a Sewing Kit for my mom - DONE! Kind of...I actually made her a pin cushion organizer thread catcher, blogged here, since I realized she would love that much more.  I gave it to her for Christmas (along with a trip to the International Quilt Festival in April!!!) and she loved it!


  • Pick fabrics and make at least 4 Swoon Blocks - I'm up to 3 blocks!  And I just cut the 4th this weekend

  • Learn Embroidery - I haven't done any more embroidery since the check-in so this is a no-go
  • Start & Finish my Rectangle Block Quilt - Still at a stand still on this one, although I did go buy the backing.  Now I just need to quilt it!
  • Finish the stocking for Stockings for Kids - DONE! I finished mine, blogged, and had a great time making it.  There were over 200 stockings sent in for foster kids!!



  • Make a wall hanging for the dining room - I bought all the fabrics - I just need to make it!
  • Make potholders - Nope!
  • Hometown Charity Quilt - Yes, Done! I finished stitching down the binding this weekend.  I'll have a whole post about it soon.
  • Sew.Happy.Quilt.QAL - Had a great time and have my top all done! Blogged here

I feel pretty good that there were only 4 things that I completely didn't do!  Plus I made two other quilts and a bunch of bee blocks in addition to all of this - so I'd call it a pretty productive winter!!

How did you fare with your list?
Kelsey

4 comments:

  1. look at you! great work kelsey! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great projects done. Love your Hometown charity quilt! Thanks for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your projects are just beautiful. I love the first quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lovely projects! I have awarded you The Liebster BLog award. Stop by my blog and check out the post! Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!