Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Year in Review & Hustle Winners

First up - The 100 Day Hustle winners!

 




Congratulations to all of our winners and a huge thank you to everyone who participated and to all of the shops who kindly donated prizes!  I will definitely be organizing something similar next year!

                                                                                                                                                                     

I decided that I was going to try new quilty things in 2012 and I did!  I joined bees, swaps, learned to paper piece and got a longarm! 

I completed 10 quilts, one that just needs binding and one top for a total of 12 for the year!



Between the bees and my do.Good Stitches group I made boatloads of blocks in 2012!
 

One goal for 2013 is to up the number of quilts and reduce the number of bee blocks.  I enjoy participating in bees but it can leave you feeling a bit overwhelmed at times.  Once I finish out the groups I'm in I'm just going to focus on quilts and my do.Good stitches group for a while and see how that goes!

Here's to a happy, healthy and quilty 2013!!!

13 comments:

  1. Your productivity amazes me, Kelsey! It's not like those are small quilts, either! Everything looks great and I look forward to seeing what you make this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the year! Can't wait to see the long arm in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting such a great sew along and I can't wait to participate next year. I hope the long arm goes well too. If you don't any sew alongs with that let me know. It is always fun to learn new things with someone else and have them keep you accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the fabulous prize! I'm so excited to jump start my fabric collection for the year. Amazing work in 2012 for you - looking forward to amazing quilts in 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I had the exact same bee block resolution as you in 2012. When I looked at my 2011 bee block mosaic, it occurred to me that I had made enough bee blocks for at least two large quilts! Bees are fun, but I overcommitted. And it basically took until NOW to get it under control. Oh well, sewing is sewing, right? Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations winners! Thanks again Kelsey for hosting and what an awesome productive 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 100 Day Hustle was a lot of fun. I was overly ambitious but 25 things seeme do-able at the time! I got the list half done so I am pleased with that :) I over committed with bees too - I am in 4 bees at the moment and I make about 6 or 7 blocks a month for them! Yikes! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting the 100 Day Hustle - what a lot of fun! Congrats to the winners!

    Lots of gorgeous projects Kelsey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelsey, you are a true hustler! I can't believe you pulled all of that off this year. And you bought a long arm???? So jealous!!!! You have to email and tell me which one you bought so I can decide if I can ever realistically buy one myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo ladies!! And I love your work Kelsey :) Can't wait to see what the longarm does this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my that is HUGE mosaic of bee blocks! So I can understand your revelation to downsize. Still very impressive finishes for 2012. Oh and thank you for the 100 Day Hustle Incentive and to the sponsors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! It was fun and accountability sure helps keep me on track!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beautiful quilts in 2012! I can't believe you were able to complete all those AND keep up with all those bee blocks. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!